Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the WELV Consulting Ltd website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
WELV Consulting Ltd is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Definitions used in this Policy
- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person
- Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data
- Data subject – a person whose Personal Data is being Processed
- Child – a person under 18 years of age
- We/us – the company
Data Protection Principles
- We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing Personal Data. We will provide you with information regarding processing on request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited within a defined time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s Rights
- The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with.
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, organisation address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product or service or to enhance your customer experience with us.
We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website.
Information automatically collected about you.
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information including pricing requests, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any), etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We may gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them with directly or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
Provide our service to you.
This includes, for example, registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- Enhance your customer experience
- Fulfil an obligation under law or contract
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To identify you
- To provide you with a service or to send/offer you a product
- To communicate either for sales or invoicing
On the grounds of legitimate interest, we process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you personalised offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners)
- To administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviours and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/services offered/provided
- To conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or the same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and /or our carefully selected partners)
- For other purposes we have asked your consent for
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligations rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised.
We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
The link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing.
- The further Processing would not harm your interests and there would be appropriate safeguards for Processing
- We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience.
We share your data with:
- Our processing partners
- Our business partners
- Connected third partners
We would only work with processing partners who are able to ensure adequate levels of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe.
- We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data.
- We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable.
- We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Our web services have multiple levels of firewalls, are regularly scanned for indications of malware or unusual behaviour. Software is maintained to the most recent versions incorporating the latest security patching.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret. We recommend that strong passwords are used at all times.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make websites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation. Please note, however, that we not currently run any 3rd party advertising on our website.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as www.optout.aboutads.info or www.youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
For UK companies, the supervising authority is The Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk. It is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
For all enquiries relating to this policy please contact us by using the contact form on this website or by writing to us at:
DATA PRIVACY, WELV CONSULTING LTD, UNIT B9 TREM-Y-DYFFRYN, COLOMENDY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, DENBIGH, DENBIGHSHIRE, LL16 5TX
Last modification was made 16th August 2021.